Anxiety is one of the most crucial parts of life – after all, doesn’t a little stress motivate us? But while some nerves can be beneficial, ongoing stress becomes crushing. You have plenty going on in your life without adding to your anxiety load, but sometimes you have to try something new that exacerbates your worries. Adult orthodontics shouldn’t fall into that camp. These days, you can straighten teeth without finding your life taking a stressful turn.
Adult braces make the patient experience a top priority, without compromising results. Depending on your bite, you might be a candidate for Six Month Smiles or Invisalign. Keep reading to learn how these two treatments keep patients smiling even during the orthodontic process, and get in touch if you’d like to schedule a free orthodontic consultation.
Straighten Teeth the Patient-Friendly Way
- Cut down your treatment time – We know how excited you are to finish treatment and unveil your straighter teeth. Six Month Smiles places emphasis on your front teeth to straighten the incisors visible in your smile. This allows for an average treatment time of 6-8 months, for those patients who fit the candidacy profile.
- Feel good, even during orthodontic treatment – Adult orthodontics aim for subtlety, so that you don’t have to show off a mouthful of metal every time you speak or smile. This lets you feel more like yourself, and prevents social awkwardness.
- Continue enjoying your favorite foods – Since Invisalign trays are removable, you don’t feel limited by their presence. You can eat as you like, as long as you brush your teeth before putting your aligners back in your mouth. Brushing and flossing are also simple to do – just pop the aligners back in when you’re done.
- Maintain a professional appearance – Many adults avoid braces, even though they’d like to straighten their teeth, because they feel that they can’t go through the months in brackets and wires. They aren’t comfortable in their work environment with braces and all that people tend to associate with them (namely, adolescence, which is never pleasant to think about). Adult braces are far less intrusive, and can even be unnoticeable. You can work and socialize as usual.
- Limit the number of times you have to visit the office – Adult orthodontics aim to impact your schedule as little as possible. Invisalign trays are dispensed in sets, so that you only need to visit the office every six weeks or so. You’re able to switch to new aligners at home and keep your treatment on track.