We spend a great deal of time talking about how to build and maintain a beautiful smile. But cosmetic dentistry isn’t the only path to pretty teeth. Building strong teeth will help keep your grin white, full, and symmetrical. This blog post lays out a few basic ways to keep your teeth cavity-free, your gums clear of periodontal disease, and your smile complete.
5 Ways to Build a Strong Smile
Some of these may seem obvious, but they’re overlooked by many patients. Adopt them all into your regular routines to see gradual improvements.
- Floss daily – Most of us have our brushing down, but many forget or can’t find time to floss regularly. The fact remains that floss removes plaque and bacteria that a toothbrush can’t hope to reach, and is an indispensable part of any oral hygiene routine. It’s also a great way to care for and strengthen your gums.
- Use fluoridated products – Fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash help rebuild enamel and prevent cavities. Topical fluoride usage poses no threat to your health, and will help reduce sensitivity as well.
- Snack wisely – Healthy snacks are better for your body and your teeth. Ditch the sugars and starches for raw fruits and vegetables, nuts, yogurt, and cheese.
- Keep regular appointments – “Regular” means something different for every patient; check with us as to how often you should be scheduling. Only frequent appointments will allow us to spot problems in their early stages.
- Get a night guard – Talk to Dr. Ghassemi about whether there’s a possibility that you may be grinding your teeth. It’s more likely that you are than not, and grinding has damaging effects on your smile that can lead to broken or worn teeth and dental work.
You and Your Oral Health
If you’re interested in learning more about preventive dental care, please contact us. We look forward to helping you establish strong health!