Time takes its toll on every part of our bodies, but its effects on our teeth can be especially noticeable. After all, a smile is one of the first things people notice about one another. Don’t let your teeth say unfair things about your age! Worn teeth can communicate poor health and many years of dental erosion – even if your teeth are actually healthy and young. In this case, appearances are key. With full mouth reconstruction, our Oakland team will restore teeth fully without leaving a trace of dental work.
Restorative Procedures in Full Mouth Reconstruction
Depending on the patient, full mouth reconstruction can mean many different things. The first step is to determine the root of the problem, so that we may understand why your teeth have become so worn down. We may need to prescribe treatment for that problem, especially if it involves teeth grinding. Don’t worry – grinding treatment is simple, and consists of reducing stress and wearing a night guard.
Worn teeth will be restored differently depending on which teeth they are, and how you’re using them. Dental restoration techniques may include the following (note that treatments are listed in ascending order of complexity):
- Dental bonding – Bonding adds tooth-colored dental resin to teeth lacking structure. Bonding is durable but not appropriate for occlusal (bite) surfaces, so it may be used on front teeth and tooth/tooth root surfaces to restore missing enamel.
- Porcelain veneers – Veneer are v-shaped restorations that fit over natural teeth. They’re appropriate for very worn front teeth needing substantial reconstruction.
- Porcelain crowns – Tooth caps restore more tooth structure than veneers, and are built to withstand stronger forces. They are ideal for back teeth/molars.
- Dental bridges – Bridges span gaps to replace missing teeth by drawing on the strength of neighboring teeth. If one of your teeth has become so damaged it must be extracted, a bridge will refill your smile.
- Dental implants – Entire missing teeth benefit from root replacement. Implants provide new, root-like structures to support restorations.
No matter your full mouth reconstruction, Summit Dental will provide every piece.
Get in touch with our Oakland office to learn more about the procedures listed here!