We’ve all got something we’d like to change about ourselves, whether it’s superficial or personality-based. While physical changes can seem tough to achieve, they’re actually some of the simplest to bring about. Say you’re interested in both becoming less anxious and straightening your front teeth. Which do you think will take less time and effort?
With modern cosmetic dentistry, changing your teeth has become a breeze. In truth, the trickiest part is deciding which direction you want to take your smile. Your final grin will be with you for quite some time; make sure it’s one that you’re ready for. How do you decide on your perfect smile? With a little research, a lot of reflection, and some help from your dentist.
How Do You Feel About Your Teeth?
You’ve spent decades with your current smile. It’s time to take a step back and evaluate it. What about it do you like, and what drives you crazy? There may be a chip that you tend to hide, or crookedness that you can’t help but notice. This is your opportunity to change those factors for good.
Your teeth need to blend with your entire face. Your smile is a significant part of your appearance, and it communicates your inner self to those around you. When you choose cosmetic dentistry, you have the opportunity to dictate what that message is. Our team will help you take advantage of the potential transformation ahead of you. Whether you’re looking for a dramatic makeover, or hoping to make some subtler alterations, we’ll find the appropriate procedures.
Oakland Cosmetic Dentists Address Your Smile’s Appearance
Excellent cosmetic dentistry doesn’t sacrifice tooth function for a smile’s appearance. Every change that we make to your smile will play a role in strengthening your teeth and your overall oral health.
Your first step will be setting up a cosmetic consultation. During this meeting, one of our dentists will discuss your aesthetic goals, as well as their professional recommendations. We will do our best to formulate a treatment plan that accommodates all your needs and wishes, to create a smile that truly suits you.
Every patient’s cosmetic treatment is different, and tailored to his or her needs. Yours could include one or more of the following common procedures:
- Porcelain veneers – Veneers are thin shells of ceramic that your dentist will bond to your natural teeth. Veneers can radically change the appearance of your front teeth, while keeping your smile looking completely natural.
- Dental bonding – Bonding adheres dental composite to teeth to mask imperfections or other small problems. This chairside procedure can be completed in just one appointment.
- Teeth whitening – A tried-and-true way to enhance your smile’s luster, whitening can be performed in the office or at home.
- Six Month Smiles – This alternative orthodontic treatment makes it possible to gently shift your front teeth within a short period (typically between 6-12 months). It’s ideal for patients with some subtle crookedness across just their front teeth.
- Porcelain crowns – Dental crowns replace tooth structure that is missing above the gum line. When a tooth has seen substantial damage or decay, a crown will support its remaining structure.
- Dental implants – Missing entire teeth? You won’t have to turn to partials or bridges just yet. With a dental implant (paired with a crown), our team is able to replace an entire missing tooth, root and crown. We will take x-rays and evaluate your mouth to determine whether you’re an implant candidate.
Ready to embark on the path to your perfect smile? We’re here to help. Get in touch with Summit Dental today.