Your dental treatment is up to you! When it’s time to replace a missing tooth, you can choose to do so in whichever way is most comfortable for you. The number of dental restorations available at Summit Dental make it possible for you to receive nearly any kind of restoration without leaving our office or seeking a specialist. This blog post will detail your tooth replacement options to get you thinking about which procedure may be right for you.
Dental Restorations And Their Applications
- Dental implants – Implants aren’t tooth restorations, but rather tooth root restorations. They build new root structures below the gum line to support accompanying teeth replacements. Dental implants offer unparalleled security and stability, and actually bond with your jaw bone over time to become a true part of your jaw structure. Implants may be placed to support any of the other restorations in this list.
- Dental bridges – Bridges consist of two crowns on either side of a false tooth. The crowns are placed over teeth on either side of a gap left in your smile to support the false tooth. Bridges can be fixed or removable, though removable bridges are commonly known as partials. Bridges are a simpler way to replace missing teeth, and don’t require that you undergo dental implant surgery beforehand.
- Dentures – Full sets of removable teeth, dentures replace teeth for those missing most or all of their pearly whites. Dentures can be supported by implants for added stability. Modern dentures fit your mouth precisely and look natural.
- Partials – Partial dentures are removable restorations that replace a few missing teeth. They are commonly supported by a framework of plastic and metal, which sits against the roof of your mouth or your gums.
- Crowns – Crowns replace tooth structure above the gum line. They require some form of support; crowns paired with dental implants with replace individual teeth anywhere in your mouth.
Beginning The Dental Restoration Process
If you’re ready to replace frustrating missing teeth, get in touch with our office. We’ll schedule a consultation to get you started.